CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW / NON-ARRIVAL POLICY
- All cancellation requests must be received at least 48 hours prior to the arrival date (4:00 pm Vancouver local time) and cancelled via the original booking method (i.e. bookings made via third party online sites and travel agencies must make cancellation arrangements through the original booking source).
Should a guest cancel within 48 hours of the arrival date or fail to arrive at Carmana Plaza, a penalty charge equal to the first night accommodation plus applicable taxes will be applied to the credit card provided for guarantee at the time of reservation and the remaining nights booked will be released.
CHECK-IN / CHECK-OUT TIME
- Check-in time is at 4:00 pm and check-out time is at 12:00 noon.
EARLY CHECK-IN FEES
All suites are guaranteed to be ready by 4:00 pm. Should you arrive prior to the official check-in time and your assigned suite is ready, we will check you in immediately; however, if your suite is not ready, we can certainly store your luggage in the interim.
For a guaranteed early check-in prior to 4:00 pm, a full night charge of the prior night will be applied.
LATE CHECK-OUT FEES
On the departure day, guests may request for a courtesy late check-out until 1:00 pm, which is subject to availability and approval by the Manager on Duty.
For a guaranteed late check-out after 1:00 pm, a full night charge will be applied.
Due to limited storage space, each guest is only allowed to store up to 2 pieces of luggage. Maximum weight per luggage must be 23 kg (50 lbs.) and maximum linear dimensions per luggage must be 158 cm (62 in).
TRAVELLING WITH CHILDREN
- Kids are always welcome — as long as there are adults around too! Please note that at least one registered guest of each suite must be 19 years or older. Be sure to bring ID in case we need to confirm.
Children (15 yrs. old & under) may stay free of charge with their parents (max 2 children per suite); however, an additional $20 daily charge will apply for the following extra bedding requests: sofa-bed, roll-away, crib or playpen.
ADDITIONAL GUESTS AND EXTRA BEDDING REQUESTS
- Each suite type has an allotted occupancy specified to the rate offered and has occupancy maximums ranging from 4 – 6 guests depending on the suite category booked. For each additional adult (16 yrs. old & up) OVER the allotted occupancy, a charge of CAD $20 per night plus applicable taxes will be applied.
Only 1 type of extra bed is allowed in each suite to ensure safety guidelines for the space is met: sofa-bed (only available on standard floors), single-sized roll-away bed, crib or playpen. Be advised that extra bedding options are limited so kindly let us know at the time of the reservation so we can determine IF it is available during your stay. Should any of these be confirmed, CAD $20 per night plus applicable taxes will be applied.
- Gated underground parking is available for a daily fee of CAD 25.00 (with in and out privileges).
Please note that the maximum clearance is 6’2” and over sized vehicles are not permitted. For further security, please do not leave any valuables in your vehicle. Parking is managed by Imperial Parking (Phone: 604-681-7311) and failure to park in designated areas and/or failure to display a valid parking pass will result in a violation ticket(s) at the owner’s expense.
For further parking instructions, please view Hotel FAQs.
NOISE / DISTURBANCE AND QUIET TIME POLICY
- We realize that some guests enjoy a bit of mingling in the evening, but as a consideration to other guests who are trying to rest, noise must be kept to a minimum level at all times and a quiet time policy (10 pm – 8 am) is in effect within the suites, hallways, stairwells and common areas.
Carmana Plaza has zero tolerance for guests and/or their visitors who: while on the premises acts in an obviously intoxicated or disorderly manner, destroys or threatens to destroy Carmana Plaza property, or causes or threatens to cause a public disturbance. Guests and/or their visitors who violate this mandate and fail to comply with our 10 pm quiet time policy (only one warning will be given) will be refused service and will be evicted from the premises without any refunds in accommodation charges.
Should guests and/or their visitors negligently or intentionally cause damage to a suite, the registered guest shall be liable for all damages sustained, including the loss of revenue resulting from the inability to sell the suite while repairs are being made. Damages incurred will be applied to the credit card provided by the primary registered guest.
Management has the right to check the status of the suite upon your check-out time to ensure that our premises are in good condition and can be used by the next guest.
VISITORS AND NON-REGISTERED GUEST POLICY
- Each suite has a specific guest maximum set by Carmana Plaza. Visitors and non-registered guests are not permitted in your suite after 10 pm and only registered guests are permitted to be in your suite overnight.
GUARANTEE AND PAYMENT POLICY
- We accept all major credit cards, as well as cash or Interac payments.
The primary registered guest MUST provide a valid credit card at the time of check-in as a form of guarantee for any incidentals and/or damage incurred – be advised that we will pre-authorize the credit card and/or charge debit card provided with the amount required for the applicable charges and anticipated incidental charges as determined by management.
Each registered guest must provide 2 pieces of identification (i.e. passport, driver’s license, citizenship card etc.), one of which must be a photo ID. Should the guest be unable to provide a valid credit card and 2 pieces of ID, Carmana Plaza may choose to refuse service and will consider the reservation as a non-arrival (please see no-show/non-arrival policy).
RATE AND APPLICABLE TAXES
- Rates are in Canadian Dollars and are subject to an additional 16% taxes (subject to Federal and Provincial tax legislation) and may be subject to change without prior notice. For stays over one month, tax exemptions may apply.
DESIGNATED SMOKING SUITES
- Carmana Plaza has designated smoking floors. In order to eliminate any disappointment and to ensure that you will get a suite that allows smoking, please specify your request at the time of reservation.
For non-smoking suites, a minimum cleaning fee of CAD $250.00 (plus applicable taxes) will be charged if smoking has been identified in your suite upon check-out.
- With the exception of seeing-eye dogs and medical assistance dogs, pets are not permitted on the premises. This policy is strictly enforced and guests will be asked to board their pet(s) at a kennel.
- Housekeeping service is provided on a daily basis to ensure a comfortable stay. Hours are from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm on weekdays, and 10:00 am to 6:30 pm on weekends and statutory holidays. Early or late service can be arranged upon the request.
POLICIES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
For additional information, please view our FAQ section